Varley's workshops house specialised equipment for lapping valve seats and discs up to 1200mm in diameter, and measuring flatness optically to a tolerance of 2 light bands. Our Newcastle Power Services workshop is certified by WorkCover NSW for the overhaul and testing of safety valves, with all work completed under a Quality Management System to ISO 9001. On-site work is facilitated by a mobile skilled workforce with a comprehensive range of equipment and specialised mobile workshops, which have service sites throughout eastern Australia.
Specific capabilities include:
- Valve Refurbishment - safety valve testing and overhauls, in-situ overhauls using specialised equipment, problem solving, scrapped valve recovery, an extensive valve database, wide industry contacts and support
- Ash and Dust Handling - overhauls of pumps, valves and piping systems, technical solution design and complete asset management
- Sootblowers - overhaul of lances, wall blowers and poppet valves, redesign of componentry and the provision of spares on obsolete plants
- Mechanical Maintenance - provision of high quality service for rotating plants in any location by a skilled mobile workforce with specialised mobile workshops
- Plant Installation - plant, piping and structural installation, manufacture and installation of process equipment, commissioning and lifetime asset management
- Chemical Plant - design and installation of chemical dosing, maintenance and upgrade of water treatment plants, chemical cleaning of process boilers
- Heat Exchangers - tube cleaning, plugging, tube lining and inserts, tube sheet repairs and complete replacement in all applications
Varley Power Services prides itself on its ability to plan and complete large volumes of work within demanding time-frames and to exacting specifications. Detailed reports are provided on all work undertaken with the option of having documentation upgraded into a plant improvement program.