With more than 130 years of continuous operation, this has enabled us to amass an immense amount of knowledge and expertise in all areas of ship repair and industrial maintenance.
On ships of varying classes, Varley has undertaken project work from routine maintenance through to major structural and engine conversions.
Varley has a large number of long and successful associations with ship owners and agents, a proven network of quality suppliers and is the preferred supplier of ship repair services to all national and international ship owners and operators.
Varley draws on an enormous skill base including technical personnel, engineers (marine, design, mechanical, structural etc.) and support staff, enabling the company to carry out work in all areas of general and specialist ship repair.
- Emergency Ship Repairs - fire dampers, ballast air pipe repairs etc.
- Ship Hold Cleaning - Includes hold cleaning, cargo separation, cargo securing and unlashing.
- Major Projects - Proven experience in project managing major ship refurbishments, ship conversion and engine replacement/upgrade projects.
- Mechanical - Capable of pump and gearbox refurbishments, crane refurbishments and lift equipment testing/certification, engine services, overhauls, rebuilds and mobile in situ machining.
- Structural - Capabilities extend from hatch straightening through to hull and superstructure repair and replacement, with the ability to replace damaged or corroded sections in any specified material grade.
- Consultancy Services - In-house engineers with years of experience allow Varley to offer consultancy services report generation and important pre-purchase inspections.
- Pipe and Boiler Work - Working with copper, cupronickel, stainless steel and other exotic metals, Varley Ship Repair is skilled in all pipe and boiler work. From boiler survey, rebuild and repair to installation, pipe repair, valve overhauls, refurbish ballast tank air pipes etc.
- Shipwright Capabilities - A proud tradition of shipwright skills is maintained, allowing for lifeboat servicing, internal fit out, anchor inspection, chain and rope testing etc.
- Brows and Gangways - Extensive skills in brow or gangway manufacturing, refurbishment, on site repair and short or long term hire.
- Specialised Skills - Catering for electrical and hydraulic repairs covering motor rewinds, generator fitment, hose and pipe replacements, glass replacements etc.