Varley Power Services has been carrying out specialised mechanical maintenance work in the power generation and process industries since 1975. Using its experience in the industry to expand on a broad company skill base, Varley Power Services has become a recognised expert contractor in the fields of valve maintenance and specialised in situ machining.
Equally skilled in the areas of ash plants, sootblowers and high speed rotating plants, Varley Power Services enjoys an enviable record of accomplishment for delivering quality services. These services are available on site at any location in time frames that satisfy customers' plant and business requirements.
All site work is supported by fully equipped workshops specifically geared to handle all valve maintenance and other specialised equipment and overhaul work. The company has its base office in Newcastle NSW, and support sites throughout Australia.
To continue to work transparently with our customers, identifying their ongoing problems and satisfying their needs, in order for them to maintain long-term growth.
We achieve this by developing business models that the customer can adopt to ensure future growth in the business unit.
- Personnel: our staff have experience, qualifications, dedication and receive ongoing training.
- Infrastructure support systems: Quality Assurance, Business Operations, WHS / HSE and Accounting systems.
- Resources: specialised machinery and equipment, ongoing research and development, efficient and safe appliances and the latest technologies.
- Accredited facilities: Both on and off-site facilities have received accreditation.
- Response times: we always ensure that customer emergency situations are assisted in a timely and convenient manner.
- Methodology: our tried, tested and proven methods for valve and safety valve refurbishment demonstrate our dedication to the industry.
- High pressure valve refurbishment - both in-situ and in our workshop facilities.
- Mobile containerised workshop - facilities including but not limited to:
- Pressure Relief Valve Testing Station
- Lathe and Workshop Station
- Welding Workshop Station
- Plant and Equipment Storage
- Note: these Mobile Facilities have the capabilities of being transported directly to site ready for mobilisation. The Facilities are fully equipped with tooling & certified equipment with the capabilities of fulfilling the customer’s specified scope of works.
- Safety valve refurbishment and recertification: all types, all makes and all sizes - in-situ testing, using our Ventil Preventest equipment (ATEX rated), in-situ body seat weld reclamation, and in-situ seat profiling, machining and lapping equipment.
- Valve actuators - overhaul and calibration services.
- Portable machinery - for line boring and flange facing.
- Electrical - installations and construction.
- Reverse engineering - manufacturing of critical valve spares.
- Refurbishment - large or small quantities of valves to suit strict timeframes.
- Increase customer plant availability.
- Increase customer plant reliability.
- Increase customer plant performance.
- Reduce plant costs over the long term.
- Share in the management of risk.
- Increase Varley and customer profiles within the local community and beyond.
- Offer customers a long term and reliable commitment to valve service and maintenance, with a focus on ‘value for money’.
Projects Manager - Power Services
A: 29 Elizabeth Street, Carrington NSW 2294
PO: PO Box 50, Carrington NSW 2294
P: +61 2 4964 0473 | M: +61 417 421 491